Welcome to Genuine Evaluation, the blog where Patricia and Jane share their ideas about real, genuine, authentic, practical evaluation – what it looks like, good examples, bad examples, lessons learned, tips, useful practices and methodologies.
What can you expect from a blog led by Patricia and Jane?
- The best and the worst of evaluation – current examples and ‘blasts from the past’
- A critical review of all types of evaluation – even, and in fact especially, approaches we use and advocate (like the use of program theory, the logic of evaluation, and utilization-focused evaluation)
- Links to useful resources
- The occasional joke
- Genuine questioning about how evaluators, evaluation commissioners and evaluation users can create the conditions for genuine evaluation
- Occasional celebrity bloggers leading a discussion on a particular issue
For some background information about Patricia and Jane, see About the Bloggers (the tab near the top left of your screen).
We welcome your participation, comments, suggestions, criticisms and questions.
Want to stay informed of new posts or comments? You’ll see some buttons on the right where you can subscribe to RSS feeds, email updates and the like.